Subject Access Requests

What am I entitled to see?

Under the right of subject access, an individual is entitled only to their own personal data, and not to information relating to other people (unless they are acting on behalf of that person). Neither are they entitled to information simply because they may be interested in it.

What is a subject access request?

A Subject Access Request (SAR) is a request from a person asking an organisation to provide them with the information relating to that person which is held or processed by the organisation. 

How long will it take for me to receive the information?

Organisations have up to 40 calendar days under the Data Protection Act 1998 to respond to subject access requests. However, we aim to respond to requests within 21 days.

What is a valid subject access request?

For a subject access request to be valid, it should be made in writing. You can submit your request either by letter to NHS Kernow or by email using the contact information below. We are unable to accept subject access requests by telephone. 

Accessing your personal information

Should you wish to request any personal information held about you by NHS Kernow, please direct your enquires to:  

Information Governance Team
NHS Kernow 
Sedgemoor Centre
Prior Road
St Austell 
PL25 5AS

Telephone: 01726 627800

You can find more information about the data that we may hold for you here

Making a complaint

In the event that you need to make a complaint regarding our use of or the provision of your information, you must complain in the first instance to

More information about our complaints procedure is available here

General enquiries 

Beverley Gallagher - Head of Information Governance