NHS Kernow is committed to working in partnership with the people of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We will also work closely with our partners in the NHS, local authorities and the voluntary sector. Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has a very diverse population, and we are particularly keen to make sure that our involvement is inclusive. We will seek out, encourage and welcome participation from people from diverse elements of the population.
In working with others, we will:
- involve people as early as possible in the decision making process and before any decisions are made;
- provide good information about the subject in question in a way that is understandable and easy to get;
- Be open and clear about what is (and isn’t) possible;
- provide practical support where possible when people are asked to get involved, so that they can take part – for example, sign language interpreters;
- tell people afterwards how their involvement has made a difference
Our strategy to improve patient experience by listening to and acting on feedback can be viewed here.